If you are a prospective parent, we are thrilled at the possibility of partnering with you on your child’s educational journey. Once you have scheduled a tour with the school, there are a few items that you will need to bring in to complete the enrollment process. Below is a checklist to ensure smooth sailing!
Click here to register for one of our upcoming Open Houses on February 10th, 9:30-11:30 am and March 5th, 4-6 pm. Enjoy a tour of the campus and learn about all of our programs.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The process for applying to North Florida School of Special Education is as follows:
- Attend one of our upcoming open houses or schedule a private tour of the North Florida School of Special Education campus online or by calling Deb Rains, Assistant Head of School at 904-724-8323 ext. 221 or email@example.com
- Download and complete the intake form to bring to the open house or your private tour.
- Submit the necessary documentation to Deb Rains at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to North Florida School of Special Education 223 Mill Creek Road, Jax, FL 32211:
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Psychological Testing Report
- Matrix Domain Pages
- Completed Intake Application Form
- At the meeting, previous IEP reports and psychological testing are reviewed to determine the student exhibits an intellectual and developmental difference and does not display behaviors which would require less than a 1:4 (Elementary 1), 1:6 (Elementary 2 & 3) or 1:6 (Intermediate and Secondary) classroom ratio.
- Parents observe within the grade band class that is anticipated for their student.
- If necessary, the Assistant Head of School will visit the student’s current educational setting to observe student behavior and abilities within his familiar environment.
- If parents wish to proceed with enrollment, a student visitation will be scheduled.
- The teacher, Assistant Head of School, and Director of Academics will confer to discuss the success of the potential student if enrolled at NFSSE. If deemed appropriate, the family is offered a contract to enroll.
A $50 Application Fee When Your Student is Scheduled for their Classroom Visitation. Apply for The McKay Scholarship or Gardiner Scholarship if Applicable