Full Job Description North Florida School of Special Education is looking for a professional dishwasher to work in the school’s kitchen.
The work differs from a domestic kitchen in that it occurs in a fast-paced environment which utilizes a large, commercial dish washing machine capable of multiple loads to be certain that the kitchen has a steady supply of clean plates, bowls, silverware, pots and glasses.
Primary duties include prioritizing loads of different types of kitchenware, handwashing dishes, loading/unloading the dishwasher and making sure that each clean item is placed in its designated location, ready for use.
Other duties consist of:
– cleaning machinery e.g. sprayers, drains, and grills to ensure the consistent and thorough sanitation of the kitchen.
– using organizational skills to maintain order in the kitchen.
– hand washing larger pots and pans that cannot be cleaned in the commercial dishwasher.
– assisting with prep work and help chefs with the storing of ingredients.
– completing the cleaning and deodorizing of trash receptacles and dumpsters on assigned schedule or as needed.
– washing work areas, cooking equipment, walls and floors and cleaning the cafeteria after lunches and events.
– an understanding of local / state health and safety codes.
– familiarization with commercial dishwashers and their operation.
– focusing on tasks and responsibilities, completing them in timely manner and on schedule.
Part-time Pay: $15.
00 – $17.
00 per hour Schedule:
8 hour shift Day shift COVID-19 considerations:
NFSSE follows local, state and federal COVID-19 guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Jacksonville, FL 32211:
Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required) Work Location:
One location Quick Apply.
Estimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.